Sunday, July 27, 2008

Stir-Crazy

Today I counted my blessings. I have some of the best friends in the entire universe. I seem to have contracted some sort of awful Summertime Influenza - coughing, hacking, sneezing, aches, The Works! Basically, I am miserable dripping snot inside my apartment while the sun shines and everyone else runs around outdoors.

So Fatema and Sofie visited me, bearing gifts of the DiBruno variety. I supplemented with a sourdough loaf and dipping oil. Good lord, it was amazing.

But afterward, I got re-inspired and made some mini-muffins. Here is what I put in them.

1/2 package firm tofu, crumbled
1 pkg chocolate baking chunks
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup OJ, cut with 1/2 cup water
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs

This sounds a little bit funny, but they came out really dense and delicious and full of proteins. I baked them at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.


No comments: